Remember that survey I have been asking about. Well the results are in and THANK YOU ALL for giving me some direction with you answers! For a while there, I felt like I was loosing focus and your answers helped to bring it back. One of the highest rated results were for me to rant a little more on this blog as well as tell you all a little more about my day to day life. So, with your input and the way my luck has been running this year I thought that I would “SHARE” with you all today some more of my life…. (Remember always be careful what you ask for next time).
I just want to add as a precursor to the following that I am not asking for a pity party nor am I begging for help. I really need to get some heavy duty shit off my chest before I explode.
Okay, this just has to be my year for shit luck. What could go wrong either has gone wrong or is about to. What you are about to read is 100% true. I couldn’t even make this shit up!
First as some of you know, last month I posted about my mother (the bitch) and father (yes, dear) informing me on my birthday that they were moving over 1200 miles away. At first she told me that things were still up in the air, but it seemed almost a definite. NOW after digging into public records over the Internet and talking to “contacts” that I have, I found out that all this was decided back in November and they bought a house out there in December and had the closing was in January. Loving parents, huh? They waited till my birthday in May to tell me… Fuck them, they could move to Iraq at this point for all I care, especially when I confronted her with the added info, she still lied to me.
As some of you know I am on Social Security Disability and have been for the past 12 years. This is due to having both of my shoulders completely replaced (twice already) and some nerve damage in my hands after 2 car accidents (long story for another day) , so naturally money is always tighter than a virgin nun. I also live w/my daughter, her “domestic partner” and my grandson. Originally, I bought my house after the divorce with the intention that my daughter and her partner work and help me with the bills and living expenses. In return, they are to receive the a 75% share of the house when I die and my son the other 25%. (We all sat down and agreed to this BEFORE I made any definite decisions to spare any hard feelings.) My daughter was working in Real Estate at the time and doing well and her partner was a manager for a local fast food restaurant, and I babysat. Well the bottom fell out of the real estate market and my daughters job went south. Her partner in the meantime developed a high blood pressure problem in her eyes and now is blind in one of them and there is a small chance it may happen in the other eye. Result: We have been living off of my check for the past 8 months and we are drowning. Good part is my mortgage comes right out so if nothing else, we will have a roof over our heads, meanwhile all the other bills get $20 here, $30 there and all the others are just adding up.
Then today the HOTTEST day of the year so far (94 F) and wouldn’t you know it, my A/C died! (BTW – remember how I already mentioned I HATE hot weather, not to mention the havoc it plays on my sleep apnea?).
The last straw happened tonight driving home from my friends house and the check engine light came on my car and refused to go out. From what I read it will cost about $500 to fix the problem and then reset the computer for the light to go out. So, the car will be sitting at the very least a couple of weeks if not months now….
Doesn’t this all sound like one of those spam email letters for postcards or better yet remember those sob stories you used to hear when they announced who was queen for a day? Well, I guess somewhere along the line someone crowned me Queen for a year! I know things will get better in the future, but in the meantime I kind of feel like that guy from ‘Lil Abner that used to have the cloud hanging over his head or that maybe I smashed too many mirrors in a drunken stupor?
In the meantime, I’ve been trying to sell stuff on eBay here and there to get some cash, and I will be posting a lot more in the near future. That should help some of the short term cash flow problems and hopefully I won’t run out of stuff to sell. Hmmmm, I wonder how much I can get for my daughter….. Just KIDDING!!!!!!
Anyway, THANK YOU for listening and staying with me through my tales of woe! Just being able to do this here has helped remove some of the weight on my shoulders. I guess that old saying, “sorrow shared is sorrow diminished” really is true!
So in the mean time, Peace out and take care! See you tomorrow – same bat time, same bat channel!