Thanks, Kev! Hopefully this gives you a better picture of me, but doesn’t scare you away!
1. What Myers-Briggs Personality Type are you? – INFJ – Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging. I do however have a problem with personality tests. I have taken them several times over the past few years and I have had varying results. I feel that your results are determined by your present set of circumstances and “mood” at the specific time you are taking the test. I do have to admit however, that for the most part that INFJ Type best describes me as I see myself at this time in my life.
2. Are you religious or spiritual now? If you are religious, have you had any issues reconciling your “coming out” with your religious practices? – I consider myself to be spiritual and I don’t subscribe to any one religion. IMHO, religions are man-made and “fit the needs and desires” of those who create and believe in them. I was raised as a Catholic (12 years of Schooling, Guilt etc.) and although I loved the “pageantry” I was never able to grasp the concept of a religion that preached love, peace and goodwill towards all, but also thought nothing of going to war and killing millions of people in it’s name. In so far as reconciling my issues of being gay and eventual coming out, thankfully, religion is the one issue I don’t have a qualm with. I do however have a major issues with those that hide behind their religious beliefs to condemn me as a gay man as they have almost every minority group in the past. I can (and have) thrown their words (and bible quotes) back at them so fast I have left a few heads spinning. I hate those that pick and choose verses to fit their needs and say the rest is not relevant in today’s society. (Sorry for the rant….)
3. What is your favorite sport to watch? Play? – Although I love to watch Football and go to games whenever possible, I prefer to participate in sports that are more individual based such as biking, swimming and hiking. (And yes, I have to admit that when in season, figure skating and gymnastics takes precedence over football…)
4. What kind of laughter do you emanate? giggler (like me…hee hee); gu-faw-er; snort laugher? – Sometimes a short burst but more often than not an embarrassing giggle.
5. Where do you go when you seek rest and peace? – If possible, I love going to the mountains or a long walk in the woods. I find I can center myself more there than anywhere else. If not those places, then my bedroom is my fortress of solitude, unless of course…..
6. What is your most prized material object you own? – If push came to shove I guess it would be my laptop! Not only is it my connection to my worldwide audience, it also has all my pictures, docs etc. on it. Sort like a virtual filing cabinet. (And, yes call me a nerdy geek, but I do a full back-up onto a remote drive WEEKLY!)
7. Do you read your horoscope? – On occasion. Sometimes they are so on target they are freaky and other times so off the mark it’s insane.
8. And because I am a gay man and curious about these things…do you manscape? – I tried a “full” manscape a time or two, but I hated the irritation and itching when it grew back. I do however “trim the lawn” so it doesn’t look like an overgrown crack addicts front yard.
🙂 Sorry for the barrage of questions…they just popped into my head! – Don’t be sorry, I asked for them. I might add that they were very good and thought provoking!